BDI has been a community partner in providing enhanced education, agency and corporate collaboration and contracting opportunities to regional small businesses for over 20 years. Among the prominent events facilitated by BDI, Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week has celebrated the success and contributions of minority owned businesses for over two decades.
BDI is managed on a volunteer basis and includes representatives from the federal, state, and local government agencies as well as large corporate partner companies, and local small businesses. The Business Diversity Institute (BDI) is a 501(c)(3) charity organization.
To support the growth and success of regional minority-owned and woman-owned businesses through:
- Education and training
- Outreach, tools and resources
- Promoting collaboration of public/private organizations in these efforts
To be a recognized top-tier training/education contributor for diverse Oregon and SW Washington businesses.
- Public agencies
- Private sector firms
- Minority-owned and woman-owned businesses
- Chambers of commerce, trade organizations
- Non-profit and non-government entities
- Diversity practitioners (individuals, organizations)